Why do I need to provide this information?
365体育平台The registration form provides important information that allows SPS to:
- Distribute important information to you, including your student's academic progress (report cards) and attendance records.
- Respond appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Provide and evaluate student supports such as language services.
- Honor the racial/ethnic and/or cultural identity of students.
- Pursue and distribute resources to strengthen instruction for all students.
- Ensure compliance with civil rights laws.
Does SPS offer full-day kindergarten?
Yes! SPS offers full-day kindergarten at all its elementary schools. Find out more about SPS kindergarten here.
How do I register medications or care plans?
If your student needs medication or a treatment administered at school, a new medication or treatment request form, is required every school year. Documents are required by August 28, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Medication, supplies, LHP orders and a nursing care plan must be in place before a student can attend school.
Does SPS offer child care?
What if my child has a life-threatening allergy?
Watch the video below to learn what you need to do when registering your child, what a 504 review is and how to get one, what happens in an emergency, allergies in the lunchroom, allergies in the classroom, and more.
What will happen if my student does not speak English?
Students registering with SPS who indicate that their first learned language is not English are given a placement exam to determine eligibility for the English Language Development (ELD) program.365体育平台 This placement test must be given within 10 days of the student's entry into the school district.
Questions? Contact your school office or the Administration Building at 354.5900.